Wednesday 21 February 2007

Things coming up...

I cant get to my main site for a few days as my computer is ill with a nasty virus so can't get on dreamweaver. I've got lots of lectures arranged in the spring and early to put up on my lectures page. Here are some details of these, but have a look on davemacleod.com shortly to get the full details. I've been told that the UK ice and mixed champs will be shown on the Adventure show on BBC2, March 25th at 7pm. Other news is that Scarpa have got their new range of rock shoes starting to hit the shops now. New product launches aren't not normally big climbing news but rockshoes are pretty important to rock climbers so something new is always interesting. More info about this here.

Life has been way too hectic to manage any new articles on my coaching blog for a few months. But I wrote an article about training for climbing on the UKC website. It started off being about using climbing walls effectively and then headed off on a couple of tangents which hopefully you'll find interesting?? The piece is here.

On March 25th I'm speaking at the SHAFF event in Sheffield talking about Rhapsody and other climbs, and showingthe film E11. You can see full details of the festival on its website which has a wizard which helps you plan which film programmes you should book onto to see your chosen films.

I'm going to be running some coaching sessions and doing a lecture at Leicester climbing wall on March 25th with the coaching sessions running 10am-noon. I'll have more details on this shortly but you can find out a bit more here

On May 10th I am giving a lecture about Scottish climbing and about Rhapsody for West Dumbartonshire Council's literary festival. The venue is still to be decided, but here is the page with details of the event.

On May 31st I'm giving a lecture at an excellent sounding conference on sport, exercise, health and physical activity in Glasgow. The Energie conference is aimed at professional working in in sport or health related disciplines. The line up of speakers sounds very interesting and should be a window into whats happening in the scientific field right now with presentations on motivation in sport, injury prevention and weight control in sport from world leaders in research in these fields. I'll certainly put up a report on this blog summarising the most interesting news and comment for those of you who can't be there. The conference website is here

No comments:

Post a Comment