Monday 1 August 2011

Time for small holds again


Vector Space 7c+, Tunnel Wall. Pics by Steven Gordon.

The past couple of weeks have flown by, doing work for Mountain Equipment, Gore-Tex and the John  Muir Trust among others, and grabbing climbing days in between. First off I nipped up to Tunnel Wall with Steven Gordon after work and climbed an excellent new line I bolted a couple of months ago.

It’s the obvious diagonal overlap running across the wall from Uncertain Emotions to eventually finish up the top half of my own route Axiom (which was upgraded to 8a, although I must say I still think 7c+ is correct). A few people had talked about equipping it and it was well worth it.

The new line ‘Vector Space’ seems to miss out all the tricky Tunnel Wall cruxes of the straight up lines, so it climbs really smoothly and worked out pretty steady even though it’s 40 odd metres long.

Since then I’ve been working out on a couple of projects at Steall which might keep me going for some time, and keep the midges going in food for some time...

1 comment:

  1. lol "keeping the midges in food" - I like it.

    ReplyDelete