Friday 8 September 2006

Misadventure photos

Just beyond the crux of Misadventure E8 6c. Stop staring at that arete Dave and get bear hugging!
Misadventure is an excellent arete climb - 7c+ish climbing and bold but not death.
Relaxing on the finishing section. Note the random erratic boulder that decided to hide from the Glen Nevis glacier in a wide crack to my left.
Glen Nevis guys: John, myself, Jimmy (who did the FA of Pinnacle ridge in 1948) and Joe.
Thanks to Rona Mackintosh for these photos of my re-ascent of Misadventure in the glen for the Heather Hat film. The route really is pretty good I think. Hopefully some pictures will encourage others to go and repeat it. The hard section is exquisite - crimps, into bear hugging smooth slopers, into fist jams!
I'll keep you posted how the guys are getting on with the film...

No comments:

Post a Comment